My Dad


A proud handsome man
High-spirited, nimble -footed,
Fearless, dynamic 
- My Dad -
Dad was an institution in himself!
I didn't understand his fondness
when he told me that
my marks didn't matter to him
coz my 'BEING' did.
He wanted me to live life!
My warm-hearted Dad !
I didn't comprehend his reasons
for feeling helpless
when something inflicted his kids.
He took on himself not only our needs
but wants too!
My doting Dad !
I was upset when he refused to 
slow down in his later years.
He wanted to show me how to live
beyond the quietus.
My thoughtful Dad !
He made sure that I too be
nimble -footed, and fearless!
And live life like he did !

Comments

  1. So true.. just awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a portrayal… proud of u

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exceptionally beautiful 😍

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Room of Her Own

You Fascinate Me

Priya (MicroFiction)